I recently changed up my foundation routine and I wanted to share the products I now use with you. First, lets talk about my skin and what I try to achieve when putting on a full face of makeup:
- I have oily skin so mattifying primers, foundation, and/or powders are a must.
- I have lots of hyper-pigmentation, so I look for full coverage foundations.
- Milk of Magnesia-$3-$5- This is a great, inexpensive primer for any of you that suffer from oily skin. It doesn't matter if it's name brand or generic, they all work the same way. I would suggest getting "Original" though, unless you want to smell like mint or strawberries :).
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector-$36- If you have the money, go buy this primer! I'm not sure what my life was like before I started using this, but I wasn't living it to its full potential lol. This primer keeps me matte for at least 6 hours and then I start to look "dewy" (not like I've just run a 5k like I normally do). The only thing with this is that you have to hurry up and rub it into the areas you want mattified because once it sets, it sets!
- L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur-$20 full size- Okay. I know you've been hearing all about this product and it's honestly worth the hype! This silicone base smooths out my pores and gives a photoshop type effect. It's pricey, but so so worth it!
- MAC MatchMaster foundation [9.0]-$34- This is my HG foundation and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why I keep straying from it. First of all, the color is perfect [like most MAC foundations]! Secondly, it's long wearing and doesn't break down on my face during the day when my oiliness tries to take over. It is high medium to full coverage and it's just all around amazing.
- MAC Pro Longwear concealer [NW45]-$19- This is the perfect concealer if you have really dark spots and you want something that's not too heavy to cover them up. This, like the foundation, does not break down or wear off [hence the name] and easily blends under powder when I go without liquid foundation.
- Ben Nye Banana luxury powder-$10- This is another raved about product that I use sometimes to set my under-eye concealer. It gives a slight highlight without looking too ashy or too out of place. It's really finely milled and blends flawlessly.
- Maybelline Fit Me pressed powder-$7.99- At first, I didn't really know what to think about this powder and I was a little hesitant to try it since the liquid foundation and foundation stick didn't work for my oily skin, but I decided to be optimistic. It's great for setting your foundation or wearing it alone to even out your skin tone. It's borderline medium coverage if you build it up enough. Oily girls, do not use this if you don't have your proper mattifying primers in place because this will do nothing for you in that department! Other than that, I like this powder..