Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

NYX Butter Lipstick First Impression + Swatches

Hey Guys!

Today I'm here to show you some more swatches of my lip haul I posted a little while back. I've already shown swatches of the new Rimmel chubby sticks I picked up, so if you'd like to see those, click >here<.

Butter Lipsticks. When you hear that statement, what do you think of? I, personally, think of something that's ultra moisturizing and creamy. I'm happy to say that NYX hit the nail on the head with the formula of these. They are very opaque and it only takes a few swipes to cover your entire lips. I have some of the darker shades, but I've read that some of the lighter shades are streaky and takes a bit to build up to the actual color that's shown in the tube. The darker shades that I purchased do not have that problem, fortunately.

The four shades I picked up: 

Mary Janes | Razzle | Hunk | Hot Tamale

Mary Janes | Razzle | Hunk | Hot Tamale



Mary Janes is a beautiful deep brick red. I think it'd be perfect for those that are afraid of rep lipstick because you can easily sheer it out and it becomes a nice stain.


Razzle is a bright blue based pink. It's probably my favorite color out of the four I picked up and if you've followed my blog for any amount of time, you shouldn't be surprised! This will get a lot of wear out me in the upcoming months.



Hunk is such an interesting color, it's described as a blue violet. I love the duo chrome look that this has on my lips.



Hot Tamale is a red-orange. It's my least favorite of the bunch, only because my lips and orange colored anything don't really mesh well. I do love this color though.





OVERALL:
I like these lipsticks. I do advise you to exfoliate your lips because, even though they're creamy, they will show any kind of dry patches you have! I haven't worn these for a long period of time yet, so I can't talk about how long they last on the lips. You can purchase these from Ulta, Nyxcosmetics.com, or anywhere else NYX is sold!






What Do YOU Think About These Lipsticks? 
Have You Tried Any?





[P.S. to comment, click on this individual post. Thanks!]