Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

FOTD: Makeup for Glasses ::Bright Lips::

Hey Guys!
I wanted to share with you a look I did that was actually worth everyone else seeing haha. Don't you hate when you look good in person, but it doesn't translate on camera?! So annoying! Anywhos, here's the look:




I wanted to do a green smokey eye but felt like wearing a bold lip as well. 
I used the Maybelline palette shown here, MAC's Heroine lipstick and All My Purple Life lipglass on top. The blush I'm wearing is NYX's Amber.




Another reason I wanted to do a bold lip is because I was wearing my glasses. Sometimes your eyes get hidden behind them and the glare, so use the bright bold lip color to say "Hi!" rather than your eyes. Of course, you can do both eyes and lips like I did. 

I want to show you how a "bare" face and bold lips can look just as put together when you're wearing glasses:

This picture has an Instagram filter over it

I was super tired in that above picture but I wanted to look put together and nice. I applied my face powder to somewhat even out my skin tone and put on a bold lip! This lipstick is Wet N Wild's Purty Persimmon and I used MAC's Bittersweet lip liner to darken it up slightly.


What are your tips and tricks for making your makeup stand out when you wear glasses? Thanks so much for reading!!