Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Current Natural Hair Style

Hey Guys!
I've been wearing the protective style of crochet braids since the middle of January [two separate installments] & I love them so, so much, but I was missing my natural hair and anxious to play in it again! I took them down, shampooed, conditioned [and detangled], applied my leave-in, sealed with my oils, and applied my styling product. I'll list all the products I used down below, don't worry! 


For a little background [skip if you know], I BC'd on Nov. 3, 2011 and I have Type 4 hair. If you want to see all the posts I've done on natural hair, just click on the tab up top! Anywhos, my hair is still relatively short and I had no idea what to do with it...so I twisted it up! I like it but it's taken some getting used to. I did it so I'll have curls, but I'm going to leave them up for a little bit and do maintenance on the individual ones that need it!. Ok, enough rambling!


Products I use:

  • Shampoo-  Shea Moisture's Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo 
  • Conditioner-  Aussie's Deeeeep 3 Minute Miracle [an HG product!!!!]
  • Leave In- Giovanni's Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner
  • Oils- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Peppermint Oil
  • Styling Products- Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing Smoothie [Thought I had a review on this, but I don't, so it's coming soon!] + EVOO + JBCO

Pictures!

Top/Front

Back [Sorry it's blurry. I couldn't get a focused one!]

Bleh, I don't really like this picture, But I wanted y'all to see how I looked with them! I was on my way to work.

The tips of my hair are the color red because that's the color I'd dyed it when I BC'd or right before I BC'd, I can't remember. My natural hair color is how much its grown in 4 months! I want it lighter but I don't want to damage it by dying it, so is there any henna that you know of that makes your hair noticeably, significantly lighter?! Let me know please! Also, any of you natural followers have any more ideas about hairstyles I can do with my hair at this length? Thanks so much for reading!!