Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

I BC'd Thursday!

*Big Sigh* Um... Yea. So as you can see from the title, I cut my hair off. For those of you that aren't informed in Natural Hair Lingo, BC means " Big Chop". Women who decide to "go natural" have the BC so they can cut off all of their relaxed ends and have a "fresh start". I'm pretty sure my hair was all natural but I wasn't 100%, and I didn't want to be putting in all the time and effort and getting lackluster results. So, I got out my scissors and got to work! It's crazy because I was just watching a video a couple hours before about a BC happening and I said, "No way I'm doing that"..... And then I got home and felt inspired and this happened..... 


That's a LOT of hair!
My hair before I started cutting. . .

Halfway there...








The final product!



I'm honestly still in shock. My family and Mister seem to like it. I joke with them that they're lying to me! I felt like I needed to do this though. I felt like I was cheating in some sort of way. Well, that's my journey!! I'm now looking for styles, I cannot do much really but wear this TWA[Teeny Weeny Afro]. I'm wearing my wig right now and I'm thinking about getting braids for the winter [I was thinking this before I BC'd, by the way]. Thursday, November 3,2011 at roughly 7:20am-8:00am  is the day and time I took the plunge! No looking back now! =D






5 comments:

dela belle k said...

Omg i could never do that! I have long permed hair but imma a weave addict. The closest i came was to having a little fro in basic training but i threw water and moose in it so it would be curly. I may can find a pic.... Anyhow i comnend you and good luck!

Kiwi said...

I done the same thing earlier this year, around january. I wanted natural hair, but it didn't really work out. My hair grows quit fast doe its already about 5inches. But i re straightened it again :(

Simply_sensual said...

Awesomw!!!!! I'm so excited for you. It looks great.... you better work that TWA

Vee said...

YAYYYYYY!!!!! Congratulations! Go girlfriend. It looks great! You're gonna love this journey :)

Karma Devyne said...

=)