Pages

Friday, January 20, 2012

||HAUL|| New Wet N Wild Lipsticks + Swatches

Wet N Wild released new Megalast lipsticks, and although I'm not a fan of lipsticks, I am a fan of bright colors! The two colors [out of four, I think] I got were Don't Think Pink and Purty Persimmon



Don't Think Pink is a bright blue toned pink. 
Purty Persimmon is a bright reddish orange.






They are a semi- matte formula. I put on some lip balm and blotted the excess off and they glided on pretty smooth. I would suggest doing that because when I swatched my hand, the lipsticks tugged at my skin. They didn't feel drying, but again, the lip balm could've helped with that. I wish Purty Persimmon was a tad bit more on the orange side, but I can get over that. These almost remind me of the lipsticks from the Iris Apfel collection that MAC put out not too long ago because of the bright colors. I purchased these from Walgreens for $1.99USD






SWATCHES:

Don't Blink Pink; Purty Persimmon



Don't Blink Pink

Purty Persimmon



I compared Purty Persimmon to my Revlon Lip Butter [review here] in Tutti Frutti, the closest orange lip color I have.





Purty Persimmon is on the left. As you can see, the lip butter is creamier in texture and not as red toned.






Have you tried, or are you interested in trying, any of these? Are you going to rock bright, bold lips for the spring and summer? I think I am! Thanks so much for reading!!







.