- No product is more important to your hair than water!! Your hair literally drinks it up!
- One reason your hair becomes dry is because you aren't properly "sealing" it in with oils. My favorite oils to use are Extra Virgin Olive Oil/Coconut Oil, Jamaican Black Castor Oil, and Jojoba Oil.
- Use a moisturizing deep conditioner with heat. If you can't use it with heat, try to at least let the DC stay on for a few hours for optimum results.
- Do a final rinse with cold water, it's a shock to your senses, but that's what helps close your cuticles and help your hair stay moisturized longer.
- Sleep with a satin cap/pillowcase! Sleeping on cotton will suck all of the moisture out. No Bueno.
- Use a leave-in conditioner after you shampoo and before you add any other oils/creams. It's an extra layer of protection.
- Use the "baggying" method.
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Since it gets really hot here in Alabama, retaining moisture in my hair is super critical and somewhat a difficult task. Through research and experience, I've come up with a few tips that'll help you keep your hair moisturized all year round!
I hope these tips helped, Thanks so much for reading!!!!
Moisturize Your Hair!!